Friday, August 06, 2010

Sydney Latin American Film Festival

Hi chaps. I thought that some of you, especially those who have recently returned from the area in question, may be interested in seeing some films as part of the Sydney Latin American Film Festival.

I've browsed through the program and I'm interested in these flicks -- let me know if you'd like to join me.

CHASING CHE
Fri 3 Sept 5.15pm Dendy Opera Quays
Documentary abouy a four-year odyssey through Latin America and Europe following the legacy of Che Guevara.

COOKING UP DREAMS
Sun 5 Sept 1.45pm Dendy Opera Quays
A 'foodie' film about Peruvian cuisine.

THE GENERAL
Sun 5 Sept 8pm Dendy Opera Quays
Doco by the daughter of a revolutionary general who became Mexico's president, but was exiled as a dictator. She examines her father's legacy on Mexico as well as his story.

CROSSING
Tue 7 Sept 8.15pm Dendy Opera Quays
Madcap border crossing road movie about two Mexican no-hopers trying to cross the border to the US.

cx

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds interesting! I wouldn't mind seeing Crossing and I'm going to have another look at the program to see if anything else stands out.

Sarah said...

Weekend no good for me but I might overlook my rule about anything 'madcap' for the Tuesday.