Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hawai'i

So I'm in Hilo, which is a town on the Big Island. Today i tried to climb Mouna Kea after about 1.5mil and 1000ft from where i started altitude took its toll, i was about 10,200ft and oh my god there is no air up there, Chris was the only one of our group to make it to the summit. Up there are some of the world's best telescopes.

So my lovely cuz Emma got married on Saturday to a Canadian Muso named Clayton, him and his family are pretty cool so i have welcomed him as my newest cousin in-law. Their ceremony was conducted on the beach at sunset very special! Otherwise i have been walking around this awesome island, snorkeling and tomorrow we are doing a bike tour of a volcano - should be fun

Photos to follow - back in town Sunday evening so I'm sure you'll make it.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

thanks for quoting distances in imperial units. Sadly, I wouldn't have made it past the first paragraph otherwise.

Noodle said...

Ah, it's good to see Nick's back in form.