Monday, December 13, 2010

2011 is the year that I…

did all 50 of the things every Sydney food lover should try*, in no particular order.

I know it won’t be easy - There’ll be sauce stains and hangovers, tight waistbands, greasy fingers and the occasional mysterious green bit stuck in the teeth. It will at times take me to lands unknown like ‘Kogarah’ and ‘Emu Heights’ and at others to Sydney high-temples of wait staff disdain where a sneer and a sniff is a good thing (it means you’ve been noticed). But there’ll be rich rewards too, like dark chocolate gelato, sweet-corn fritters, oysters, beer and pig in many of its post-mortem glories.

So starting in early January I’ll be putting out the call for willing and able-bellied friends to join me on my various adventures, from picnics with prawns to cluttered gluttony with chopsticks. This will be my tastiest challenge yet and I’m going to need all the support I can get.


*According to the SMH

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Yum! Please make sure that my number is saved in your phone lady!

Carmel said...

Oh Sarah this is my idea of heaven. I'm totally in!
cx