Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Should I be upset?

Well today’s ethical dilemma for Nick.

As you all know I work amongst a small group of people. There are 6 other full time staff and then we get a few 6 month contract staff.

Today’s ethical dilemma is brought to you by Kate, our constantly in Black freight and submission co-ordinator (only here for 6 months).

I walk over to the kitchen say hi to Kate. About to make myself a piece of toast (needed to fill the gap while the useless Japanese restaurant makes my lunch - another rant for another day)

Nick "Hey Kate"
Kate "Oh sorry i hope you don't mind"

Mind what I’m thinking - then i see it, my lite cheese, my soy and lin seed bread and my $8.00 a tub logical margarine!

Nick "Oh"
Kate "sorry I was really hungry - you saved my life"

Well I'm glad you could take the time to "save your life with my cheese" but not to ask me if you can steal my food!

I am well know for stealing food - but I always make an effort to tell the person I’m stealing from.

I politely smile (I hope you can tell I was faking it) say "That’s Ok, this time....

Am I wrong to upset?
Do I have a valid point?
Will that cream really cure this rash?

14 comments:

john said...

Nah, you should be annoyed unless that she was that close to death that wandering to your cubical to ask would have killed her. You caught her stealing and got a flippant excuse. If it was $1 out of you wallet how would you feel. Your OK to give a dollar but not for it to be taken.

Margs said...

I think you have every right to be upset! That is very rude! It also sounds like she wouldn't have told you if you hadn't caught her red handed!

Sarah said...

Busted. Totally.

I think you should have said that in future, please check with you before touching your personal supplies just as you're sure she would prefer you did for her.

Matt said...

Given your past indescretions (and having lived with you for many years I feel I am justified to comment) - you don't have a leg to stand on. I've heard you use less convincing excuses for doing exactly the same thing.

Margs said...

Ha! Busted number 2!

Nick said...

Matt as if you ever had food worth eating!

Matt said...

lame

Noodle said...

Nick, you're still busted. I've been witness to the eating of Bron's leftover pizza on more than ONE occasion!

Matt said...

Having now seen the picture of said perpetrator on the sff website I think you would have been justified in shooting her and claiming you thought a Troll was stealing your bread.

Matt said...

Was that too harsh?

Sarah said...

Way harsh. But fair.

Sarah said...

No. Not fair. Just harsh. Very harsh. Shame on you Mattess!

Matt said...

She does look somewhat trollish though, you have to admit.

Nick said...

Again - I give notice that i'm stealing Brons Pizza!