Friday, June 26, 2009

Cause it's Friday

So i was reading about the cheating governor of South Carolina, he lives on a barrier island off the coast, one thing lead to another and I was wikiering up a storm over South Carolina issues, came across their state symbols which made me giggle then I thought I wonder what the J Doggs state has come up with.

My favourite is one of Illinois minor nick names is "The Sucker State"

for the record NSW

Emblems
- Floral: Waratah
- Bird: Kookaburra
- Animal: Platypus
- Fish: Blue groper

Do we need a state folk dance? Would it be the lawn mower?

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I love that Illinois has chosen a state fossil!

Sarah said...

And when is Jeff giving us a rendition of "Illinois" the song?

Nick said...

very good questions SMF

Margs said...

It also appears as though Fatboyslim was on the slogan writing committee.

Jenny said...

I love that they've chosen a state breed of prairie grass!