Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My favourite winter salad

(After a conversation with Gretta last Thursday.)

I have this about 2 or 3 days a week during beetroot season. I just bake a couple of beetroot when I do Sunday night dinner and assemble in a few lunch containers ready to go, except the little tuna tins and bag of baby spinach which I keep at work and make a bed with to nestle the pink goodies in each day.

Baked beetroot, cooled, peeled and diced
Spring onion, chopped
Diced feta or goats cheese or goats’ feta
Green beans (optional)
Pecans, roughly chopped
Balsamic vinegar
Salad grade oil (olive, macadamia etc)
Baby spinach leaves
Tinned smoky tuna

4 comments:

Jeff said...

that salad looks hard to beet. Will have to give it a try.

Margs said...

hahahaha you sure you don't have any kids Jeff?

I will also be giving it a try....

Jeff said...

of course i don't... not here at least. All Dad Jokes are being recorded for future use, along with which occasion in the child's life would be most appropriate for telling them.

Margs said...

you could make a lot of money from that book!