Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Fruit N Veg


Following up on Jenny's post, I decided to try out the Kirribilli branch of the Organic Buyers Group. pickups are the 2nd Monday of every month and it's $30 box. The idea is everyone shows up at 6 to help sort then are free to go home with their produce. In this weeks I got,







2 HUGE halves of cauliflower
6 carrots
1 big head of romaine lettuce
8 oranges
2 avocados
1 box cherry tomatoes
1 box sprouts
2 tiny apples
1 bag mushrooms
7 kiwi fruit
7 potatoes
3 banana peppers.

Getting it home from Kirribilli was a minor ordeal given the box fell apart, luckily I wasn't too far from the station. Now I just have to figure out what to do with it all (recipe suggestions welcome) and I also have some NON-organic apples and bananas sitting in my fruit bowl that will surely go neglected.




3 comments:

Sarah said...

Ha! I have ‘Organic Box’ written in my diary on Monday Sep 7 when we were due to be locals. Nice to see what you get.

(Also, I suggest spicy cauliflower soup. Yum with papadums!)

Jeff said...

maybe will see you at the 19th pickup then if you've localized. found a veggie soup recipe for tonight, and a dhal for later in the week that should put the cauliflower in a good home.

Margs said...

babyfood?