Friday, November 12, 2010

32 going on 13

So as most of you have heard, I’m about to shell out the price of a small car in order to look more youthful. No, not botox or a facelift. Think a little less Hollywood and a little more awkward teenager. Though not necessarily I guess. Certainly awkward anyway.



I think (read: hope) that they will be fairly discreet, the top teeth will be clear ceramic (or white, not sure, can you get clear ceramic?) and they don’t have elastics, which is a good thing since apparently they stain quite badly with red wine and coffee – not too much of a problem for your average orthodontic patient admittedly.

In case any of you have missed my almost obsessive griping about this over the last month or so and are wondering why I’m bothering with braces since my teeth are generally pretty okay, the reason is that I have one retarded tooth that never bothered coming down to push out the baby tooth. So I still have a baby tooth, which will eventually fall out. It is already wearing away and is a bit wobbly so it’s just a matter of time (or Minties) until I look like a toothless crazy woman. Unless I pay off half my orthodontist’s mortgage and get fitted with my braces. Which I will be Wednesday week.

After that, please tell me that you can hardly see them and that I don’t make your children cry with fear, even if it is a lie.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I lost 8kg when I had my braces on. Does that offer any solace? Plus I pashed a really cute boy the night I had them taken off! He was even better than the boy who’s initials I had scrawled on my pencil case.

Besides, I’m pretty sure if anyone can make mouth hardware look hot Jenny, it’d be you.