Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Yep, I’m back

A colleague of mine has just rushed off to a client meeting she made secretly and for a time that no one else could make so that she could do it by herself. She has just called me from the company’s lobby to ask who she is actually meant to be meeting with, can I check her outlook calendar? It does not show a name. Can I check the client database? She has forgotten to add him in. Can I check the rest of that company's correspondence records? She has not entered anything about the meeting or indeed any correspondence with that company this year. She is already 5 minutes late so she will just go to the counter and act dumb. Horrified by this thought, I get her to hang on while I trawl her inbox, find an email and give her the name of this poor guy. And after a brief internal struggle, I even gave her the detail that she is actually 55 minutes early for the agreed meeting time.

Taking. Deep. Breaths.

1 comment:

Nick said...

Can I guess who?