Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Farewell Holly or The Return of Richard's Australian Idol Report


First off I should apologise. I did try and find a picture of Holly's awesomely bad/big hair from the Sunday show, but it wasn't available via google within ten seconds so I went with Plan B (being, whatever came up first).

So, I don't actually have much to say about this decision... I think Holly would have gone sooner rather than later anyway, but I didn't think she was anywhere near the worst on the night. That idiot Mark De Costa who sang Vertigo and dancing like a chimp with parkinsons probably should have gone, or perhaps the extremely boring Marty Simpson... but they weren't even in the bottom three!

Lana Crost (she with the widely spaced eyes) and Brianna Carpenter (she who has a hairdresser with one leg shorter than the other) joined Holly in the shit seats, with Brianna being sent back immediately. I doubt Brianna has long in the competition, because she is doing the cutesy/quirky thing without actually being that cute, so unless she pulls something "normal" out and blows everyone away I think people are going to get pretty tired of her pretty quickly. Lana is just so boring that I just don't think people can sum up the enthusiasm to vote for her.

The judges are more irritating this year than ever... Kyle is perhaps even more dead inside this year than ever before. If you want to see something spooky, try to catch him blinking, he just doesn't. I like that Dicko is back mostly because he doesn't have his head firmly up his arse, but I am just filled with rage any time Marsha or Kyle open their mouths. Why oh why couldn't they both have been sacked in favour of better choices?

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Cookie Monster for PM!

john said...

Is that a man in drag??

Nick said...

Matt 'Sandilands' Starr - That is the harshest one yet!

Flit said...

Excellent! now I can keep up with the Monday/Tuesday gossip at work and NOT have to sit through the whole tedious show! Thank you Richie, knew you had a use!

Flit said...

That was not me, wifey needs to learn to remember to use her own account!!!

Margs said...

ha! wife will try in future.