Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Get me a spoon...

Noodle and I had a little Oscars party last night with some champagne and quite enjoyed the show this year. Being the 80th annual Academy Award ceremony, they were prone to a few 'looking back' montages which I am a real sucker for, combining history with old-style Hollywood. (But hang on - how the HELL did Shakespeare In Love ever win Best Picture!?!)

In terms of the frocks, I wasn't really turned on by much at all this year... Everyone pretty much looked fine. Except for Tilda 'Where Would You Like the Probe' Swinton and Katherine Heigl's vegemite make-up, poor lamb.

I think Anne Hathoway probably won my best dressed vote. She looked quite fetching.


And for the third year in a row, Jack Nicholson was beyond cool. He's just so COOL!

But as for a show highlight, without a doubt it was the Best Actress winner. The very deserving Marion Cottilard was positively bursting with the sweetest, most contagious excitment when she got her statue, without turning into a spluttering fool like certain other hollywood 'actresses' who have scooped an oscar in the past. (Or was it that she DID turn into a spluttering fool but she did it in the cutest, chic-est way, only a French woman could pull off?)


I was thrilled for her. What a delicious, infectious moment it was!



I think I love her. YUM!

2 comments:

Nick said...

Well I was personally outraged at Ch9 cutting 2 awards - Documentary Short and Best Foreign film. Shame on Ch9 Shame!

Margs said...

I was wondering if Anne Hathaway had actually chosen the right hole to put her headthrough...it was all very fussy and confusing. Suprised she got your vote lady!

I thought (even though I totally agree with your probe comment) that Tilda's acceptance speech was the funniest and most enjoyable.

I want them to bring back Billy Crystal as host...although I did quite enjoy the montages regarding periscopes and binoculars!

I must say though it seemed like the French really ran away with the gongs this year...was it just me or did they win in every second category?? I enjoyed that, I can't abide soggy, weepy, crappy (mainly American) acceptance speeches!