Monday, October 27, 2008

Flupdate: episode 3 - We have a nursery!

And week 27 rolls around.... this means about 13 weeks left! and in my head about 6 weeks left of work till I escape, enormous and puffy, to float in Balmoral's cool cool waters......

Fluppy is now about 24 cms long (just to clarify, the measurements I am giving you in cms is from head to bum....legs not included...not sure why, it just seems to be how they do it) and 920gms.

It's all about the weight gain and getting more surfactant in the lungs to help breathing in the outside world. Fluppy has been practising his breathing, but it isn't regular yet, so he needs to keep working on that. His kicking is at Beckham standard, so we're getting the contracts ready for him to sign when he arrives!

This weekend we (I really mean "I") spent an enjoyable few days getting the nursery kick started. We have a fully assembled cot in one corner with a beautiful glider (very comfy rocking/gliding chair) next to it, a fully set up change table with glorious Margaret original painting hanging above it to add a splash of colour. Bassinette and pram sitting in opposite corner ready to go and some fun baby prints hanging over the cot to make the room look loved.

Most of the beer has been put away and the while the weights bench lurks in the hallway, it too will need to one day move back into the nursery till the big day arrives and baby kicks it back to the curb where it belongs!

so for now, enjoy your chocolate, as that's my latest loss, and hopefully one day you will be able to feel the phantom kicking (if you want to, and if Baby allows....sorry John)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

And I can confirm, that glider is seriously glidy!

Matt said...

Oi! what about me? I want to feel the wrath of Jackie Chan. I also notice you referring to Fluppy as a "he". Interesting.

Margs said...

well in the last post I referred to fluppy as she so I thought I'd mix it up and go back to he...what will I do next? woooo! so exciting!