Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Flupdate: episode 5 - all knowledged up!

8 week scan - Fluppy is the jellybean shaped thing next to the round yolk sac (which will become the placenta a few weeks after this scan)
20 week scan - Fluppy is too big now to fit all in one screen, so we only get from her tummy up to her head. This is a profile shot. (you can see her right hand is bunched into a fist up near her face)
32 weeks - We're not having anymore scans, so this is really the only way I can photograph fluppy.

So we're in week 32 of this whole shebang and boy am I tired of it! As my girth expands, so does my tiredness and my achiness....yes girls and boys this week it's all about the back ache! I guess the upside is that I took Monday off to get a massage and no one batted an eyelid! sweet!

This Friday is my last day at work and as luck would have it, it's also our work Christmas party, so two birds with one stone works for me.

Saturday (just gone) Jules and I took ourselves across the road to the Hospital to do our "birthing workshop". We had to go the one day option as my doctor led us up the garden path and we missed out on the 7 week course. In hindsight I'm actually quite happy we knocked it over in one day. There was loads of information to absorb, but better than stringing it out for 7 weeks...there's only so many labour videos and knitted uterus' one can take!

Hopefully we're now as prepared as we can be to enter the huge unknown that is having our first baby!

You may also have noticed that I've included Fluppy's portfolio for you all, I'm sure there'll be loads more pictures when she finally arrives but you'll have to make do with these for now.

Btw, Fluppy this week is about 1.7 Kgs and measures about 28cms from head to bum. The doctor told me the other day that Fluppy is now upside down and should remain that way till birth. This is apparently very good as we don't want a breech birth (bum first) and have to have a c-section.

So anyway, come Monday next week I'll be a lady of leisure! Well...as leisurely as a 200Kg woman can be! We're on the home stretch now...only 8 weeks left ARGH!

No comments: