Monday, January 19, 2009

Flupdate: episode 8 - possibly the last installment.....

Today we're in week 40. The final week (allegedly). I went along to the doctors today, for my weekly appointment and asked her about due dates etc since my calendar and ultrasound don't agree. Keep in mind this is my doctor who still insists on telling me I'm 38 weeks!

She ummed and arhhed and did a few calculations....then came out with "Oh yes....let's correct your due date to the 24th" THAT'S THIS SATURDAY!!!!

I asked her about the 29th and why I was given that date if she now thinks it's a week earlier and she said that the 29th is the last day they should let me go to! This means that if baby hasn't come of her own accord by Wednesday next week....I'll be induced and we should have a baby by the end of next week at the latest! scary.

The baby has now dropped down in to my pelvis so we're "engaged" and could go pretty much any day I guess....

I'm getting VERY uncomfortable, can't find a good position to sleep in, the baby is sitting right on my bladder and only occasionally shifts to sit on one of the nerves running down my legs which makes me lose feeling and nearly tumble over. I'm starving all the time. I'm getting tired again. I've got a sore back. And I am so incredibly happy to think I'll be meeting this little one so soon!!!!

I better go pack a bag.....

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Cuuuuuuuumoooooon Fluppyyyyyy!

Nick said...

You still haven't packed that friggin bag - what have you been doing?

Margs said...

I been very busy being full of baby!