Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Quick Flupdate...

First up, my sincerest apologies for not answering my phone, text messages or emails. You have no idea how many queries I get from people every day asking me if this toddler has arrived yet! I have found it easier to turn my mobile off, so if you'd like to speak to me please call me at home...more than happy to answer that phone.

Just got back from the hospital and thought I'd give you all a quick run down on the fluppy's state of affairs.

First up, she still hasn't come. They poked and proded me and did something called "sweeping the membranes" which hurt like a bastard but may possibly send me into labour. If not, I'm booked in for the latest possible induction they will allow...Monday 2nd Feb at 6pm. I'd prefer to do this by myself, but they won't let the baby stay in any longer than that and so many mothers have told me to avoid induction if at all possible (apparently is causes stronger pain in contractions and may slow the whole process down). I need to go back into hospital friday morning, if no baby, to be monitored again, but basically we're still just waiting to see if this child decides to make their grand appearance unaided.

So thank you all for your concerns and well wishes and believe me when I say you are all on the number one list (just after the families) to be told when Fluppy gets here.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I KNEW the little sucker was going to hang on as long as it could! Clever little fluppy...

Jeff said...

there's no way that kid's leaving the house at 18.

Flit said...

You want to bet Jeff, I can be persuasive!?

Jeff said...

if you devise a method to induce grown children to leave the roost at will, you will be a rich and famous man!

Margs said...

If you're so persuasive why can't you persude this toddler to make an appearance now for the love of all that is holy!