Thursday, March 05, 2009

My name is Sarah, I'm an Australian, and I don't believe in Hugh Jackman

OK, just taking a few minutes out from being the resident EC@ insane bitch.

After a day of mind-numbing training in the digit-numbing air conditioned discomfort of the Harbour View hotel yesterday, I spent a suitable evening on the couch catching up on my Oscars from last week. Yes, I taped them and yes, I am still not cool enough to resist the sparkle and the cheese and those oh-so-sentimental montages.

Anyway, in keeping with my annual customary review, albeit over a week late, once again I must re-iterate how freaking cool Jack Nicholson is. And he wasn’t even there this year, as far as I could see.

For the most part, the ladies’ frocks were pretty dull, perhaps as an attempted show of solidarity with all the mortals having strife with the GFC? And maybe it was BECAUSE all the others were so dull, but it seemed to me that Anne Hathaway looked UNBELIEVABLE.

I haven’t loved an oscars dress so much since Michelle Williams and the yellow frill-necked lizard.

Also, yay for Angelina and those beautiful green accessories! (And that beautiful tuxedoed accessory!) My love for her turned to jealousy-fuelled hate for her is doubling back on itself to be love for her again, I think.


Also, I was completely sucked in by the cuteness of those little slumdog kids and their wide-eyed wonderment. Awww! How Swee-heeeet.

4 comments:

Nick said...

Personally - I thought Hugh Jackman rocked. The man can sing, dance, act, high kick and not even raise a sweat.

I also thought it was a much improved show. I like the 5 presenters on the acting awards and keeping the other awards ticking over.

The best thing was i got to watch it live for work with much bubbly consumed

Margs said...

while not as ardent a fan as some...I happened to flick over to it a few times during the evening, and caught Hugh doing a hat-and-tails dance routine with a line of other hat-and-tailed men and I LOVED IT! I agree with Nick...Hugh rocked!

I actually thought the five guys on stage giving the best actor award was a little cheesy.... Adrian Brody didn't prepare very well.

Sarah said...

Sure, the two music numbers showed Hugh's diverse skill range but they really didn't blow my skirt up.

To be frank though, I don't really get Hugh's appeal generally. He leaves me cold. And yes, I realise that this makes me an Australian pop-cultural pariah. I can only hope my stauch support of David Wenham will save me from the angry pelting with Anzac biscuits I surely deserve.

Margs said...

ha! No I do get what you mean about Hugh...I don't drool over the man in say a Daniel Craig kinda way, but I think he'd be a nice bloke to know...he'd be good value at a sunday bbq or down at the beach with the kids. And for that reason I'm happy he exists, trhere are way too many assholes out there and it's good to see a good guy on top.