Tuesday, March 31, 2009

mmmmm...food!

I really enjoy baking. I didn't have much time to do it while in paid employment, but since leaving work and becoming a stay-at-home-mum I have found that baking at least once a week not only keeps our pantry stocked with tasty treats (that we have full knowledge of their ingredients) at half the price, but is also amazingly therapeutic and fun!

I love trawling the web looking for the next recipe to try my hand at, and am currently sizing up a brownie cupcake recipe which I am so excited about decorating (no judging, boys!). Today however while looking at decoration ideas I stumbled across this website.

Needless to say, I won't be trying these recipes because I enjoy my heart beating and don't particularly want to be married to a 300Kg man. They are, however, incredible!!!! and I have to admit to secretly wanting to taste some of them....

I am very curious as to how one deep fries guacamole, aswell as the myriad dishes incorporating ready made burgers (bun and all!) and the tempura cheesecake had to be concieved while someone was smoking some serious weed!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Love the bacon-wrapped twinkie stonehenge. For the love of Sam, please don't ever cook anything from that website Margs!

Flit said...

I like 'the ultimate snack stadium' - it's on page 13 (so just hack the url accordingly) although it needs to be anglophiled.

My own nomination would be the quiche sandwich with tomato sauce from the secret pie shop (am I even allowed to mention it's existence in print - I'm now worried a ninja baker screaming 'beep and onion' will jump out of the paintwork - if you have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, don't worry). It has a reasonable heart-attack quotient and has saved me from some horrible hangovers in the past.

Margs said...

"beep, beep and chee, beep curry, beep an mushroom, beep, bacon and chee, chunky beep....."