Monday, January 11, 2010

Musical picnics

Just wondering whether anyone was interested in picnic-ing with a soundtrack this Saturday, or any other Saturday in January?



This Saturday is the Toumani Diabaté's Symmetric Orchestra, don't know anything about it other than that it looks cool (and is free, and depending on the weather, a great excuse to eat a bunch of cheese and crackers in the park)

The 23rd comes with an orchestral soundtrack, and is ideally paired with paté and smoked salmon.

The 30th would be accompanied with a soundtrack of Opera. Also great for drinking wine to.

I'm most keen for Toumani Diabaté and the opera, and will probably try to get to both even if you lot aren't keen. Anyone want to join me?

2 comments:

Carmel said...

Oh, well I'm going to see AR Rahman avec picnic this Saturday in Paramatta, if anyone wants to come (he did the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack, big Bollywood superstar)

But I don't want to organise a rival outing if you're set on the orchestra. I'm sure I'll find other folk.

I'm up for the other days though, especially the Opera.

cx

Jeff said...

I'm keen, but have visitors in town. Will come join you for the Toumani Diabaté if they're up for it or doing other things. They're both from Wisconsin but it's probably too late to have them pick up a large block of yellow cheddar before boarding. Sorry.