Monday, April 19, 2010

SRF Anzac Day Picnic



Since the picnic idea seems to have met with general approval, consider it officially ON. Bring any blankets or babies you've got handy, food (Nick, I'm counting on you for a chook), drink, sunscreen, willingness to laze about stuffing your face, or energy to kick whatever ball might be lying around.

Details are so far sketchy and up for discussion - Say around 1 or 2 on Sunday 25th April? The Botanical Gardens or Milson's Point have been bandied about as locations, what do people think? Northside might be better than Botanical Gardens in terms of carrying on after dark, remembering that the city is liable to be full of drunks?

I open the floor for discussion.

11 comments:

Carmel said...

I shall bake something yummy and bring bubbles. Happy to come Northside. cx

Sarah said...

North side Anzac Day picnic suits us. Carmel - will you be doing Anzac biscuits?

Margs said...

but the botanical gardens are so lovely!!

If we go northside, can I suggest maybe somewhere like bradfield park? or possibly even berry island? just suggestions, thinking of large spaces for frisbee but also places that have play equip for said handy babies.

Jenny said...

I'm not too familiar with northside green spaces so have no real suggestions to offer there. But whatever space picked must be easy enough for everyone to get to and from with picnic gear in tow, assuming that people are drinking and therefore potentially slumming it on PT. So Berry Island is maybe not great on that front. Bradfield park then, is that nice?

Sarah said...

Bradfield Park IS Milsons Point, basically.

Margs said...

bradfield park is the park under the harbour bridge at Milsons point. We were there on Sunday, and while it is not the most botanically beautiful park, it does have space, a kiddy play area, a train station and an awesome view.

Carmel said...

Ooh go on then, I'll make Anzac biscuits. I've never made them before but I'm pretty sure they form part of the citizenship test so I should get some practice in. cx

Margs said...

so apart from Nick bringing a chook and Carmel bringing some anzac biscuits and I assume everyone is BYO drinks...are we splitting the rest of the food?

john said...

Yeah count us in too!

Jenny said...

Sure, bring whatever. I don't think we need to get too organised food-wise (at least I don't feel like organising things any further than this!). If everyone brings a bit to eat and drink, I reckon we'll be right!

Margs said...

sunday looks like it will be rainy boo!