Sunday, April 29, 2007

Seeking approval

After some inquiries and a cost/benefit analysis of various properties, I would like to put forth the following option as a suggestion:

http://www.bluemts.com.au/leuraretreat/katoomba_retreat/kat_main.htm

It will come to $84 per person for the weekend ($42 pp,pn) and we will get both the Haveli and the Lotus Suite.

The Indian Haveli and Lotus Suite have stunning escarpment views from every room, and sun-decks. They have open plan kitchen/living areas, with a sunroom and Haveli has a huge
verandah with a BBQ. The living area has a nice big combustion stove to keep you warm.
The Lotus Suite has views over the valley from the spa.

They provide wood and also have gas heating. Also, gas instant hot water system, a CD Player, DVD Player and TV are also provided.

Pros: great price, suitable bed configuration, deck with view, close to sights, townships and Megalong Valley, good kitchen, fireplace

Basically, it's great value and looks really lovely. It fits in with the original specs of a cozy mountain cabin, rather than a house in the valley. I will go ahead and book this on Monday night if people are happy with it... Don't be left holding the peas...

11 comments:

Noodle said...

It looks perfect! I think we should go with it.

Matt said...

I'm for the affirmative

john said...

Sign me up.

Sarah said...

Also, please note that of the last six posts, 5 were mine (albeit shit ones).

What's going on?

Sarah said...

Actually, make that 6 out of 7!!!

Margs said...

Looks good!

In regards to the posts...I think it's only fair that you make up for all your lack of posting over the past month or two....wedding smedding!

john said...

One suggestion though.... is there any with one house that will fit us all?

Noodle said...

I think this really is one house, just joined by a door or something so they can divide it if they want to.

Margs said...

yeah that's how I saw it.

Bry Bry said...

I like it. Count me in!

Sarah said...

Ah. Sorry John. Went ahead and booked without seeing your last comment. I don't think there'll be much autonomy in the individual houses. I think basically we'll spend our time in the big living area and just have a few people slinking off to sleep in the littler section... Not sure if they are joined or two free standing... I promise it will be good still!