Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Critical Mass



This month's Critical Mass is just around the corner and I'm inviting everyone with access to a bicycle to come join me. It's a leisurely (where I come from, if you're pedaling too hard to open your beer can at the same time, you're riding too fast) ride through your fair city that happens the last Friday of every month. Critical mass started in San Francisco in 1993 and has spread worldwide, including Australia! It's a great way to get some pre-pub exercise on a Friday evening.


To summarize ('zed' used for effect):
Who: anyone with a bike, not just hippies, art students, Kevin Rudd supporters, etc.
What: Sydney Critical Mass
Where: Meets @ Archibald Fountain of Hyde Park, route TBD
Wear: Sensible shoes and reflective clothing
When: Friday the 25th. People start to meet at the fountain around 5:30, ride leaves around 6.
Why: To celebrate non-motorized transport



Here's a link with more info: http://www.bikesarefun.org/

Hope y'all can make it,

Jeff

1 comment:

Sarah said...

As much as I’d like to encourage a debut poster AND give my hot pink mountain bike a spin, my Dad’s recent exploits have frightened me off this sort of dare-devil activity. (Actually, it’s really more about the commute.)

But HURRAH for pedal power!