Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Flupdate: episode 6 - time to sleep

We're now smack bang in the middle of week 34! This means that if bub decided to come this time next week, the doctors wouldn't try to stop her! She's now approximately 2.1 kgs and about 30 cms long. It's all about the "finishing touches" now - so baby is busy practising sucking, breathing, blinking, head turning, grabbing and stretching out her legs...Boy do we feel that last one! I'm convinced her favourite pasttime is wedging her head into my left pelvic bone and kicking out her legs diagonally to see how many ribs she can push out and how far they'll bend until they break!

Each day I feel like my girth is expanding. My stomach and lungs are getting pushed up higher into my rib cage, so eating and breathing are a little trickier than usual. My old friend heartburn is now pretty much constant...I can't single out individual offenders anymore....it's pretty much everything I eat.
The doctor told me that I'm gonna have a reasonably large baby...no shit sherlock! she had to go to medical school to find that out? I'm also on the hunt for a good acupuncturist for my shoulder, so if anyone knows anyone I'd love to hear about them!

Anyway, maternity leave is awesome! I get to sleep until 10am, which is prefect as I don't sleep much during the night time. I have about 20 pillows propping me up and supporting my tummy...poor Jules doesn't get much space these days. I have time to finish sorting the baby's room (which is actually a lot of fun for me), I get to be a guest at various lunch clubs and meet up with other mums during the day for lunch etc and I'm baking up a storm! If you get the chance to take some Maternity leave I highly recommend it!

I'd love to put more soppy stuff in here to tell you all how excited I am and how I feel I already kind of know this kid, how I'm scared of everything I don't know and how I know that Jules and I will be just fine, but you're all probably just getting back from lunch and would like to keep your meal in your stomach!

Anyway, there is washing to be done and Christmas presents to buy. I may also make it to my aqua aerobics class as well!

3 comments:

Noodle said...

That's it, I'm taking some maternity leave as soon as I get started at my new job!

Margs said...

It will do you some good Noodle! You won't have to wake up at a ridiculous hour and you'll be able to make the luncheon alliance more regularly!

Sarah said...

I knew you were going to have an ENORMOUS baby!