Monday, December 29, 2008

Flupdate: episode 7 - Not long left!

We're now in week 37 of this whole ridiculous thing called pregnancy. I am now considered "full term" which means the baby can come ANYTIME!!!! Basically the longer she stays in, the bigger she gets and the harder my life becomes!

I found out that caffeine has started to really affect her....I had a normal home made coffee and then Jules bought me one from the shops a little later that day and the baby went APE! All day she was going spastic on a caffeine overdose....pretty funny, but I felt sorry for her by about 11pm when she was still buzzing. This morning I had half a coffee and I realised she'd started moving more than usual so my morning cuppa went down the sink to save the poor little thing another day of aerobics. May have to accept the caffeine headache while I switch over to decaf for a while...

The doc finally caved and gave me a prescription for my heartburn! I feel like a totally new person! It's absolutely brilliant not to be scared to eat or drink and to be able to enjoy Christmas lunch without the threat of hours of discomfort and pain to follow. I'm almost starting to enjoy being pregnant now I don't have that heartburn to contend with!!!

Moving is becoming increasingly difficult....especially trying to get out of bed at night and climb over my mountain of pillows to get to the loo...think beached whale and you're almost there! I have taken to waddling around the house, which suits me fine...just have to remember not to walk like that in public! ha!

I've got more energy than I had...I think the heartburn was depressing me. I'm getting out and about and am suprising myself with this new lease on life! There's about 4 weeks left, give or take...I'm praying I go a week early which will mean I get to go to the wedding, but I also get a week out of jail free card!

Merry Christmas to everyone I haven't seen recently! see you all NYE!

No comments: