Saturday, December 06, 2008

What NOT to do....

Thursday evening, I pulled out my red velvet clutch in preparation for a wedding I was going to on Friday. I noticed some white marks on the side so did a little cleaning and got rid of them thinking my outfit was now complete.

Friday morning rolls around and I opened the clutch to put phone etc in it....the same white stuff was all inside...realising that there was no way I could use this clutch today and thinking that it was either "throw out time" or "take drastic action time"...I opted for the later and threw the whole clutch in the washing machine with some napisan. I then proceeded to forget about it... completely...

Later that afternoon, Jules walks in with handfulls of black matted fabric with threads everywhere and chunks of padding and foam knotted through it...he posed this question to me.."Is this what you intended?" puzzled, I asked him what it was and so he showed me the rest which vaguely resembled a red velvet clutch I once owned! after I finished laughing I thought I'd take some photos to show you all what happens to a handbag that has been through the washing machine, and to warn you if you ever consider doing something simillar what it will end up looking like....I ended up cutting all the lining out of it and pulling the remaining foam etc out so now I could potentially resurrect the clutch for another day.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Dramatic purse weight-loss surgery.