Sunday, February 28, 2010

Front Room Adventures

The next renovation challenge: The Front Room

The Original room:

You've may have heard me gripping about it so I thought I'd share some pic's too.
1st drama: Being the gyprock, a padded room, massive floor to ceiling panels covered in foam and cloth.
And behind them stud work and some lovely tiling half way up the room. On the up side now we have a room 15-20cm bigger on each wall.

And below the carpet, the chipboard floor was falling apart, so that came up revealing cement underneath :(. But then round the edge of the cement I see original floor boards. So it turns out rather than fixing the old floor boards they laid two layers of steel reinoforced concrete about 20 cm deep.


And under that (2 days worth of removal :( ) rotten beams.

So more room and alot more work. ( And more trips to bunnings )

4 comments:

Carmel said...

This is awesome, our very own episode of Grand Designs right here in Sydney! I expect regular updates, complete with condescending commentary, edited for high drama...

cx

Flit said...

I'm expecting important Egyptian tomb burial findings any day now. Keep digging!

john said...

1909 half penny was the best find of the weekend.

john said...

I can hear 'he should have used an Architect' repeated over and over during my episode.