Monday, November 13, 2006

MW (either Monday washup or Millions of Weddings!)

Is it just me or do the weeks fly past at the moment? It seems I am forever planning, writing or posting a Monday washup!!

Anyway, what a great weekend! I hope you all share my sentiments (except maybe for Noodle who just studied all the time). After a lovely evening out on Friday night (and a little belly dancing thrown in for good measure!) I packed up my goods and chattles and headed down to Bowral for a work mate's wedding. Glorious sunshine, not much traffic and the prospect of a fun day made for a very good trip down. It was held at the smallest chapel I think I have ever seen, stuck out in the middle of nowhere! Very picturesque, and when the beautiful bride appeared at the back of the church ready for that long and blurry walk down to her husband-to-be, all my wonderful memories came flooding back and I was so happy for what she was about to feel and experience! Weddings Rule!

Anyway, after the short but sweet ceremony, we all headed to a small town called Robertson for the reception, champagne and horse doovers on the lawn followed by a 3 course meal in the rather large and formal dining room, followed by drunken debaucherous dancing and shenannigans with total strangers. While at first it can be a little daunting not knowing anyone at a wedding, that all fades as the momentum of the day carries everyone along on a strange bonding experience.
Me, Jo (the Bride obviously) and Sylvia.

We do it all again in 2 weeks time for Jackie and Ben's wedding in Wagga! Woohoo! 'tis the season for weddings!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

My uncle and aunt had their wedding reception in Robertson. I wonder if it was the same venue? I suspect there aren't dozens of places to throw a classy bash in Robertson.

Margs said...

It was called Ranelagh House. And no there really isn't alot there!

Sarah said...

Yep. That's the one. Last time I was there I was a little bridesmaid 10 years old...