Thursday, January 19, 2006

Having a Car Blows

I realise this subject may be a bit heavy for some of you to handle, so just skip to the last paragraph if you are easily upset by superfluous moaning and self pity.

My Car is giving me the shits (I can't remember if profanity is banned from this blog or not) . The litany of expenses the damn thing incurs is ridiculous. Apart from costing me around $60 a week to fill up with petrol, there is oil, tires, coolant, random light globes that only come on when no one is around (but the mechanic seems to be able to find and charge for) and countless other obscure (read expensive) and complex (read expensive) components that are all timed to fail when it is least convenient.

"Why" you ask, "has Matt waited so long to unburden himself bout this subject?" Well, last Thursday, some random junkie scum smashed 2 that's right, 2 windows in my car to steal my work backup hard disk. Now admittedly, this f@#kwit didn't know that the thing he stole was worth next to nothing to him, his friendly fence or anyone except for me and my company. What he did know is that he couldn't smash his way through the front passenger window, so after destroying it, he went around the other side to smash in the driver's side back window. Luckily insurance reduced my payout to $500 to fix the damage.

Then my brakes go rubbish. And I need a pink slip for Rego. Another $540. The freakin mechanic doesn't have EFTPOS facilities so I've been forced to brave the Prospect Hotel to get him cash. My registration is $260. CTP $365. I'm broke. I'm going OS in 2 months.

So anyway, feeling refreshed, I'll be starting up a charity. Please donate beer and consolation. Donations are not tax deductible, but I may vomit on you if you are generous enough. Thank you...the end

5 comments:

Flit said...

Do us a lemon, a monkey for sortin the anchors on yer leamington - tell im ee's bein a bit previous.

Sorry about that, came over all southern for a second. Anyway I feel your pain - some runt put a scratch on mine the other day, I shudder to think what the repair will cost. As Mr Travolta himself said - "it'd be worth them doing it just to catch them"

Noodle said...

My condolences.

Sarah said...

If all the world would only sell their dirty old cars and buy beautiful shoes instead, just think what a utopia we would live in!

Noodle said...

Or is that a Shoe-Topia?

Ha ha. (sorry)

Margs said...

I agree with the utopian sentiments!

I also pass on my condolences, and if it will help, I'll buy you a beer next time you grace us with your presence.

I do have a solution for you though....Get a company car! They are free! Free I say....and they come with a little plastic card that makes problems go away.