Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Advertising rools

I don't particularly like sony. In Fact (YES WITH A CAPITAL f) over the last couple of years I've turned a bit against them. The rootkit saga, their marriage to DRM and their tardiness with, and underwhelming offering of the PS3 - this has all left a negative sony shaped impression on my consciousness. I do however, in the patented emphasis of our own Sarah Miles - love the sony bravia TVCs (That's TeleVision Commercials for those not in the marketing dept.).



It started with the balls in San Francisco accompanied by the smooth crooning of Jose Gonzales and now the next chapter - explosions of colour in Glasgow.



I wanted to know, like most, if they were real, and unlike most, I Googled.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

These ARE lovely ads!
Unfortunately, the link doesn't work for me...

Flit said...

Hmmm, I know where you're coming from - the PS3 saga doesn't bother me but the root kit made me see red. Despite owning 2 Sony CRTs (tv and monitor - both excellent) I may think twice about future purchases.... unless their luuuurvely advertising seduces me, no no - resist.

Matt said...

The links work fine for me, I checked 'em an' all.

http://www.bravia-advert.com/balls/

http://www.bravia-advert.com/paint/thead/

Margs said...

I also love both those ads. I love the music the most about the balls one and I love the colour raining down at the end of the second one. Very sensual ads!

btw...the first two links work, but the googled one doesn't....that's the one I really wanted to read!

Matt said...

It's a link to google