Thursday, May 17, 2007

Free T-shirt

Hello All. You may remember quite some time ago in the Blog's infancy, I posted about an online store called Remo. I have purchased from there a few times and enjoy receiving the newsletter every week or so. The staff are friendly, the products are excellent and I admire the way the business is run. In this week's newsletter was a very interesting item.

"
We have just over 21,000 CustOMERs registered online today.[...] This compares with the 100,000 that were on our old catalogue mailing list back in the offline Darlinghurst days. Once we get our online community up to around 50,000 we'll be at the point where we can start cranking up the product development and bringing back lots of those old REMO favourites ... especially the higher volume items of apparel e.g. pyjamas, shirts, pants, etc.
So, how do we get there?
Many of you are already aware of our sponsorship programme. It's based on the premise (an intelligent one we think) that the best source of NEW CustOMERs is VIA a network of delighted EXISTING CustOMERs. The premise is a core driver for our entire business. To date, your reward for bringing us NEW CustOMERs has not been directly financial ... although there are indirect tangible benefits i.e. successful sponsorships earn you REMO Points, points can earn you Very Special CustOMER ("VSC") status within our community, and VSC status scores you various free gifts with orders and private offers that others are not eligible for.
Sponsorship is our most significant source of NEW CustOMERs. That's a good thing ... remarkable really. However, it could be SO MUCH MORE significant. Think about it. If only 10% of you got busy on the sponsorship front such that you brought in (say) 10 NEW CustOMERs each, then our numbers would immediately jump by 20,000 and double. That would be a big deal for us right now.
So, how do we accelerate the natural process?
We've thought long and hard about introducing bounties and rewards for sponsorship (using REMO Dollars) ... BUT we've always decided against the change because it adds a flavour to the process that is not there right now. In fact, most of our sponsors do it for the love, and the natural desire to tip people off about something "cool" (see below).
Anyway, we've been talking directly to a bunch of our REMO evangelists; and, as a result, we've decided to offer a BIG reward ... not to YOU, but rather to the person you're sponsoring. So, here's the punch line:
As from today everyone you sponsor AND all existing sponsored CustOMERs who've yet to Join Us will be able to order a FREE T SHIRT from REMO. No strings attached.
It's a GIFT ... paid for by REMO but given to the recipient by YOU.
As Tom Rielly at TED recently remarked: "I'm a big REMO fan as you know, but I haven't done much sponsoring. On the other hand, I LOVE giving things to people, and I would love nothing more than being able to give the GIFT of a free REMO T Shirt. Add THAT feature to your sponsorship process and I'll tell everybody I know."
So, it's done. Let's give it a 3 month trial and see how it goes.
"

so basically its a free t-shirt for signing up. You pay the postage and that's it. let me know if you are interested and I'll sponsor you.




8 comments:

Flit said...

I had always assumed you got your clothes by mugging derros, you learn something every day.

Margs said...

But I don't wear T-shirts! Can I have the cash?

Sarah said...

Sure. I'm in.

Matt said...

No but you can give the t-shirt to someone else.

Noodle said...

Yeah, me too. Sponsor ME!

john said...

Sponsor me too.

Margs said...

ok then, sponsor me too! That might cover my brother's birthday present!

Margs said...

ok then, sponsor me too! That might cover my brother's birthday present!