Wednesday, May 16, 2007

SRF in CRISIS!!!

Friends. Yet another desolate Thursday is about to roll around, leaving our humble quorum faced with the prospect of yet another painful exposure to 'video trivia' at our old haunt. I propose that as we have not yet found a permanent substitute to Kelly's, we schedule an interim alternative for this coming week.

We could pick another pub or bar and all come up with some scintillating conversation?
We could give Mattess's Bollywood restaurant a burl just for a nice change?
We could make a cameo appearance at the Anzac club Trivia?
We could invite ourselves over to the HOC for a game of trivial pursuit?
We could have a house warming party at Mattess's house and he could cook some festive Bill Granger recipes, hopefully involving pistassios?

Any other ideas for a quiet Thursday night?

7 comments:

Margs said...

my arm could be twisted for a cameo at the Anzac. I could also be convinced to try some Bollywood action...but I suspect that would go down better on a Friday or Saturday night.

Matt said...

I tend to agree with Margie about the Bollywood thing being better on Fri or Sat. Anzac club might be too RSL-y and I'm all out of Pistassios.

Not that I have any alternative solutions, mind you. I'm here to shoot down other peoples' ideas.

Margs said...

on second thoughts, not sure if I want Indian Thursday and Saturday so scrap my vote for Bollywood.

Margs said...

RSL-y schmelly! What is that?! Too RSL-y!

Sarah said...

Hmm. Well thank you both very much for your imput.
So far, we have:
Anzac club - 1 vote

and that's all...

Anyone else have an opinion?

Nick said...

Sarah - I hand you my Proxy - Let me know how i voted - Nick

Sarah said...

Nicolai votes Anzac club for its proximity to his home.