Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Farewell Tarisai, or do you ever get that nagging feeling like you've forgotten to do something?


Ok, ok... I forgot to do a post last week. And by the time I remembered, I couldn't be bothered. Daniel Mifsud had a stupid name and big boofy hair, and I'm totally fine with him being booted.

On to this weeks victim! Tarisai Vushe is the first woman to go in quite a while (we had 3 in a row right off the bat, then 4 guys in a row). While she started strong, week by week people have been getting more and more irritated with her behaviour on stage to the point where she has been called a "fake" by the judges and the other contestants have all made veiled references to her completely different personality off stage.

Throughout the competition there have been references to her "crazy" or "nutty" behaviour behind closed doors, and how she is really active and outgoing. But whenever she gets up on stage, she belts out her song and then stands quietly to listen to the judges. Regardless of what they say, she says "
thank you".

"Great work Tarisai!" "
thank you".
"Hey Tarisai, you really didn't show any emotion in that performance." "
thank you".
"Can you explain what you were feeling about that song?" "
thank you". "No, not thank you, talk to me, how were you feeling just then." "I was nervous"

That last exchange was from Marcia last week, and this week Marcia didn't even bother to comment after Dicko and Mark ripped into Tarisai for being fake, when normally she can't help but say nice things to the people up on stage.

The best bit was the following night, where Tarisai did finally show her true personality and ripped into the judges with a veritable bleep-fest!

"Let me tell you something, Im just gunna start to think that you’re going nuts and I don’t know if you’re still the normal judge we use to have because sometimes it’s absolutely crap"

"I get confused with your comments and I just say "
thank you" and keep quiet ... but I m sick of that crap, Im sick of it. I don’t give a ****!"

Awesome! She was originally one of the favourites to win, but clearly this plan of being all quiet and meek onstage has backfired because she was just annoying the shit out of everyone. I know Suzy and I have been walking around saying "
thank you" to annoy people. Ok, mostly just me.

Much more concerning was seeing Natalie Gauci on the bottom three (I'd like to see her win it), and Marty Simpson not getting voted out. WHEN WILL HE LEAVE? WHEEEEENNNNNNN? He is my pick for getting the boot next week, and every week until he actually leaves.

No comments: