Friday, May 30, 2008

Goodbye my Love

Well It's over. The affair that started the whole damn thing. It started flirtatiously, got steamy, bumpy and at times, even a little greasy. There was stubborness, obstinence, loyalty, downright disrespect, embarrassment, joy, tears and above all, sweet sweet convenience. We partied, we chilled, we overheated, we broke the limits society tried to impose on us. My heart lays shattered on the ground as I reflect on what was but is now gone, and what could have been. I so often dreamt of getting away together - long drives in the autumn sunshine, holidays on the coast - just the two of us. But alas it was not to be. She needed more than I could give her. She needed me to take care of her, be there for her, put the effort into our relationship, and in the end we grew apart. I can only blame myself, my career was more important to me than her, and I let our love wither and die. Now I am but a shell of a man, and every bus and train I ride is a deafening reminder of my love...lost


(well, sold, technically).


Goodbye my sweet.





Ahhhh, happier times.

11 comments:

Flit said...

It seems like only yesterday that we drove you down Parramatta road for your first date. I think I remarked on her great 'air bags' at the time.

Margs said...

poor Mattwa! My heart goes out to you...as my mother always says "Plenty more fish in the sea, You're young, enjoy it, play the field before you settle down" I pass these words of wisdom on to you in your hour of need.

Farewell...I just realised there is no name for your car! No wonder the relationship fell apart!

Matt said...

She is a lady of mystery.

Noodle said...

Geez, the SRF has been going through some real turmoil lately. First we lost Wiglet, then our poor dud of a Vectra, and now this! Bron, you'd better watch out!

Sarah said...

I never thought she was good enough for you Mattwa. You can do so much better.

Noodle said...

Are you planning on getting a new one Matt, or is this new city-slicker lifestyle of yours all green and public-transporty?

Flit said...

Yes, he's a greeny now - fits in with his vegan lifestyle.

Noodle said...

I was wondering why he was looking so pasty and sunken-eyed.

Flit said...

Narp, that's just his new Emo look.

Margs said...

so Mattwa you really are going through some huge changes!

...An emo vegan greeny!

Sarah said...

A gay emo vegan greeny? Or not, in the interests of winning bets...