Wednesday, May 28, 2008

While the cat's away....

Yes that's right, my wife is leaving me for the entire weekend - she won't be at home for a single part of it, as she's leaving noon Friday and returning early Monday morning. Leaving ME - for SICK FAMILY! It's an outrage.
Well, I plan to get my own back for this marital sabotage by having a wild and crazy weekend being really wild and crazy, and doing really wild and crazy things. You know what they say: "While the cat's away, the mouse can play." And I'm going to mouse it up big time. Mouse to the MAXX.
The part they don't really mention is that mostly the mice tend to play with pens and books, preparing for another approaching season of exams. It's true, I've read about it.
So just picture this: I'll be swinging from light fittings wild-eyed, notes in hand. I'll be downing pint after pint of cordial - and perhaps having a few shots of tea. I'll be sitting at the computer like a raving loon, furiously taking notes and learning like a wild man. Wooo!
And of course I still have my usual Sunday morning shift at the pharmacy in Crows Nest - after all, everyone needs a chillout recovery session after a night like that. Oh yeah.
I know you all want in on this obscene orgy of pharmacy practice, I can hear the cries from here. But sorry guys - you're just not cool enough. This par-tay is invite only.

2 comments:

Flit said...

Damn that sounds like a hot ticket. Make sure you get photos.

Margs said...

You're so wild and crazy you should sign up for ARCS (sorry Shari...or should I say "Work Slacker"?)