Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"No contact" weekend


According to the infamous graffiti in my diary, this weekend is “no contact” weekend for the SRF. This is a lucky thing because I am making a last minute dash up to Brisbane to spend the weekend with my Mum – she’s a little frayed around the edges with her mum in Perth (92yrs old) in isolation with a super staph infection and broken wrist. Oh, and there was my Dad being found bloody and unconscious on the footpath on Saturday afternoon by a passer-by, 4 meters in front of his bike. That also panicked Mum– waiting for results of the scans on neck and brain that turned out to be ok. He did get 4 stitches in his forehead, a splint on his left pinkie finger and has broken his right elbow quite intricately. But after surgery last night to have hardware fitted, I hear he’s quite perky. He may even be out of hospital by the time I get there on Friday.

Yes, so on my “no contact” weekend I’m leaving poor Noodle to fend for himself AND I’m missing a hockey game, to weekend with the wounded and bewildered in Brisbane.

In the interests of a lost and lonely blog, why not take a couple of minutes out and give us a quick post with YOUR plans for the “no contact” weekend ahead, hmmm?

No comments: