Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A short break.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!

I hope you all ate loads of chocolate and had a wonderful long weekend.

We did, well not so much the chocolate thing, but our weekend was great! Last Monday we decided to get away for the weekend so we booked a fabulous little B&B in Forster (on the mid lower north coast of NSW...and that is the official name of the region, not something I made up). We drove for a few hours to get there, but it was well worth it. There was a heated outdoor spa on our balcony overlooking the peaceful and picturesque Wallis Lake. Ah the serenity!

We pottered around the little lakeside town, had a yummy dinner, lazed in the spa, slept in the most comfy bed and did a spot of fishing on the crystal clear blue waters of the great lakes

The water was so blue and clear and the sun so warm and bright...perfect day for being on the water!

Two happy boaters.

One lovely fisherman. Who was the only one on the boat NOT to catch a fish!

One excellent driver....Flit made me promise I would mention how I didn't lower the anchor properly and we drifted into another boat, then when we started the engine to move away and prevent further collisions, I turned the wheel too hard and cut the rope that held the other boats anchor to the boat, hence loosing his anchor for him and setting him adrift. He was very nice about it, but I felt awful....

This is our outdoor heated spa on the balcony of our B&B, a perfect way to end the day and forget about lost anchors. The balcony overlooked Wallis Lake which is what you can see in the background, and the photo below shows the same view but from standing up on the balcony.

Suffice to say we had a great break. I also had Tuesday off (Company holiday) but now I'm back at work with the rest of the world. I liked my looong weekend soooo much, that I have just put in an application for another one next week (just taking the Monday off to give me 4 days off)

Enjoy the rest of your week, I'm off to Bowral tomorrow (bloody corporate team building crap) See ya!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Looks gorgeous! I haven't seen any water not coloured a horrible mucky brown for a long time. (excluding showers before anyone asks- I'm talking about swimming water)

john said...

omg, I think that's the B&B we went too, we really need to co-ordinate our holidays.

Noodle said...

I think one of you couples is seriously stalking the other one. And seeing as Margaret and Flit are "mysteriously" always the SECOND ones to go to these places, I SAY IT'S THEM!

Enjoy the golf in Bowral, Margaret!

Flit said...

John, were the owner and his wife MG nuts - if so it's the same place?

john said...

Yep, He had a TF, a bit older than mine and we were chatting about it cos I had just bought mine the week before.

john said...

Great Minds.