Thursday, December 01, 2005

Past, Present and Future Travel.

I thought it was about time again for me to contribute. I have been busy traveling so here are some photo's of what I have been up too the last few weeks.

Two weeks ago it was a Thursday night trip to Perth. Friday I spent wandering around and taking the ferry out to Fremantal. Saturday was Jason and Ruwani's Wedding (Jason is a childhood friend of mine for those that don't know)
Here is Dad, Mum and Tom at the Wedding. The rest of the people you don't know or care about so I won't put you through lots of pictures




From there I flew straight to Singapore to teach a class of what I do for a living (programming)

Here is My hotel room (yes exciting isn't it)


Orchard Rd is always open so in the evenings I did a lot of Shopping. For those that haven't been there before, it is Crazy. Millions of people and millions of shopping centers. You walk into any of them and they are all at least 5 stories tall and most also go below ground aswell. I got lost underground once and couldn't find my way up and out. When I finally saw outside I was on the forth story of a building, a few streets away from the main road.

And they bought me a Hot black Coffee one day... yes in a plastic bag with a straw, this is the norm there but it gave me a laugh.

And this is the tracks and one of their robots on the ceiling of the hospital where I was working. The robots transport medical records round the building. I didn't get to see it but there are also these Huge caterpillar ones in the basement that walk around. If you stand if their way they stop and tell you to move, always a laugh.


Once Home, we had Nikki (my old flat mate) and Mark Wedding, in the Blue Mountains.

And we are off next Wednesday... our future plans, so you know when we get back and you can start having social functions again ;)

7th - 8th Dec Fly to Belgium.
9th - 14th Dec England
14th - 18th Dec Switzerland
18th - 21st Dec Verona
21st - 23rd Dec Venice
23rd - 30th Dec Brussels
30th - 3rd Jan France - NYE with Jenny and some Vineyards afterwards
3rd - 9th Jan Brussels
9th - 10th Jan Back to Sydney.

We'll try and put some pics up as we go.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay! My first SRF visitor! Hope the rest of you will be following John's example...

I had one of those coffee bags too, in Malaysia! Very strange indeed!

Margs said...

I want to see the catapillar things!

john said...

I'm trying to convince them to come too Jenny but they won't budge. I think they want to stay here and listen to Richard sing carols.