Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Who ate all the pies?

My childhood seems full of millions of small memories, most of them are random events, but every now and then a familiar and prominent memory comes to mind that makes me smile and think back on hot summers and school holidays and of course Christmas at the folks' place.

One of these memories is making little mince pies with Mum in the week leading up to Christmas. Flour covering the benches, sticky fruit mince on my fingers, icing sugar in my hair....I was a clean child...really I was!

This is one memory that will remain and grow in my life as I continue this tradition in my own home. I love the lead up to Christmas with all the cooking and cards and wrapping paper. I think it's just about my favourite time of year.

Thought you all might like to see this years achievement. Unfortunately we don't have wonkavision so you can't try one, but I assure you they taste as good as they look (that is if you are a normal person and like mince pies).


Note to Flit: you will have to WAIT till Christmas day....no sneaking pies when I'm not looking!

8 comments:

Noodle said...

YUM! When does my shipment arrive???

Sarah said...

I LOVE mince pies and I love Christmas like a child. (I mean, I like Christmas in the way a child does, not that I like Christmas as much as I like children. I do like children. They say silly things. I just like Christmas more. Not more than children I'm related to or know really well. I like it more than strangers' children though.)

For our family it was the grand pudding making day, (as you all know only too well) and the gingerbread and almond bread. And when we finally got to bring that tree in and get all Picasso on its arse with the tinsel... OMG it really IS Christmas!!!

I started making my own FMPs only two years ago and found it to be so relaxing and therapeutic. Pastry rocks!

Matt said...

Is it just me or has this blog turned into a bad TV lifestyle show?

Let's see, Travel? Check. Cooking? Check. Nightspots? Check. Wine? Check. Christmas special? Check.

I rest my case

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Matt said...

ooh ooh did I mention questionable personalities? Check check and check!

Sarah said...

He who does not post
can not complain about content.

Margs said...

Shove it up yer arse with a cherry on top.

p.s Lifestyle shows Rock!

Noodle said...

All we need now is the do-it-yourself segment.

John?