Monday, December 12, 2005

Sonnet- To Workflow

Shall I compare thee to a wet week?
Thou are much slower and less temperate.
Minutes it may take, a CPAMs email seek
And even Word can make us desperate.

Sometime with mercy, the will of IT shines
But often is their kindly temper dimmed
And every application sometime declines
By chance, or IT’s changing course untrimmed.

But thy eternal torture shall not fade
Nor loose possession of that time thou owest,
Nor shall speed brag thou fall victim to upgrade,
Though our complaining lines to helpdesk growest.

As long as men can breath and eyes can see
So long you’ll take, and take my time with thee.

5 comments:

Margs said...

Ahh the joys of computers and help desks... I think this sonnet is felt keenly by all!

Richard said...

Busy at work then?

Matt said...

not me. I am lord of the helpdesk. Suffer all thee users.

Sarah said...

Our IT guys are very lucky to be separated from us by vast oceans and hours of time difference. Grrr!

Margs said...

Oh Lord of the Helpdesk...look down with pity on us mere mortals and speak to us in a language we shall ken, then when thou dost take over my laptop with netmeeting please Oh lord do not stuff it up and make it even slower, but rather grant me speed and less breakdowns.
Amen.