Sunday, December 18, 2005

Progress Report....

I got a spare 10 minutes (oder Zen Minuten*) so I thought I'd give everyone a quick update. We have been through England and seen all the people, drank in the bright lights and sights of Reading (and the lakes district) and we ate and drank too much. Now we are on our bit of the holiday. It's our last day in Grindelwald in Switzerland where we have tobogganed* and skied across two hugh mountains. I'll post the pics when I get home but here's a preview. This is one of them. I thinks it's called Eiger. (It's the view from our hotel window too!)


We have a beautiful hotel, http://www.kreuz-post.ch/ and OK weather. It was perfectly sunny the first day so we went up the top to the "Top of Europe" to check out the view. And it has been snowing heavily since so skiiing has been very good but scary. You know whats in the next 20 meter but after that it anyones guess.

I'll say hello again soon when I have a chance but a cheese fondu* is calling me for dinner.
Shlaft sie gut*
John


*probably spelt wrong

4 comments:

Noodle said...

Sounds awesome. I have been to the Grindelwald area , but in the summer - I stayed in Lauterbrunnen. It looks completely different then, all green fields and mountains with waterfalls, and cows with bells. It's a pretty cool place! Enjoy!

Margs said...

Looks great! Don't break any bones!

Can't wait to see the rest of the photos.

Sarah said...

Bah grumf.

Flit said...

That does indeed look like the Eiger which is famous for people falling off the North face and not feeling very well afterwards. There's a rather good Clint Eastwod film based on this mountain http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072926/ Never seen it myself, I'm very jealous.