Monday, February 06, 2006

Homework Task: Report on New Job.

I have been asked to report on the progress of my new position at Tangara.

Things are going fabulously, the girls are very well behaved (but i can see they are about to break out, almost caught girls passing notes today) and they always do what i ask them to do, they are always on the ball and keep me on my toes with the intelligent questions they ask.

Its funny coz each girl likes to put in her two cents in, with a story or example which relates to what we are learning about.....they always know of somebody - a brother, or sister etc which something happened too, so it makes the lesson more interesting and means i have to do less talking and work. Also, the girls are having trouble pronoucing my surname..... they say in a loud strong voice, good morning miss.......(then it drifts off) sammut ?!?.

Its unusual hanging out with my old teachers at lunch time, but some of them, like mrs almedia are so funny, total classics. we chat about funny things my and other classes have done over the years. Its good to see another side to my old teachers, they are more normal than they seemed all those years ago.

Tomorrow, i have 4 practical lessons lined up.....im doing
  • fingerprint investigations
  • looking at bones, bone marrow and xrays
  • tickertape timers
  • and probing / cutting a chicken wing to observe the joints, ligaments, tendon's etc.

so im sure there are is going to be many mishaps, messy-inked fingers, cut fingers, squeals, and grossed out students ........ argh the joy's of teaching science.

i will keep you all posted.

2 comments:

Margs said...

Sounds like you have it all under control!

Well done Miss Sammut....uh, can I go to the loo Miss?

Sarah said...

Lovely post. A-

(Makes me grin imagining all those little rust pinafores droning their good mornings- AT YOU!)