Friday, February 24, 2006

A week of wet sundays

Usually the launch of a new drug means parties, new freebies, time off work and lots of expensive corporate entertainment.... Not so for poor little me....this week it meant a load of product training and stupid pointless circular arguments.

The latest, most powerful agent in Cholesterol reduction.

Well that's what we learnt this week anyway. Vytorin is a combination of ZOCOR (Simvastatin) and EZETROL (Ezetimibe). Ezetrol actually belongs to another company (Schering-plough) and due to wonderful legal documents called "joint ventures" we are co-marketing the product. This effectively means we have our hands tied by a smaller, less progressive company...hence the circular arguments.

Anyway, the end result of this weeks training is that I know a load more information that I will probably not be able to use and I really need to go out tonight for a drink. Who's coming?

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Hmm, is this blog really an appropriate venue for pharmaceutical advertising?

Are you being paid for this post Margaret?

Margs said...

I wish! perhaps I could supplement my meagre earnings with randomly placed pharma blurbs on blogs?

I think you might be on to something there Jen.