Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Thank you!


Finally, for all you impatient souls over there... Little do you realise that things move a bit slower here in the cold, but here it is, the THANK YOU post!

What a lovely lumpy surprise awaited me about a week ago, lying in wait for me in front of my door. Hmm, what could it be, thought I, has some small animal taken up residence under my doormat? Has my concierge left me a present? Did I hide my pile of jewels and treasures in an inappropriate spot?

None of these! It was a nicely padded, unbent and undamaged Australia Post envelope, filled with smiling, strangely dressed people and happy memories of warm days and friends who speak the same language as me!

Little smiling chicken nuggets, mysterious and intriguing phone calls, a dog with conflicting influences, a very recognisable shadow, coat-clad muppets, happy couples (some balloons, some not), and an end to forgotten birthdays and wedding dates! But more importantly, a year-long reminder of the fact that I have some very lovely and photogenic friends on the other side of the world, whom I miss very much, and who have no shame in front of cameras!

I'm sure you'll all understand the reason for the delay in this post as you appreciate that all the way over here, the Stephen Roberts Foundation Paris Branch President was busy acting the clown in front of a well known monument to the amusement of whole bus-loads of tourists (I think someone of them took photos of me as well!)!


Thank you everyone!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Phew- we started to worry that our precious artwork had been lost in the mail! Such a valuable memento would make a great souvenir for a disgruntled postal worker- even a well paid, well meaning, highly dedicated préposé would be tempted by the glamorous portraits and handy date reminders.

As for your priceless response- it is only right that they be made available to the masses. You cannot put a price on real art. You can not keep poetry in a cage... Nice one Jenny!

Margs said...

I second the PHEW! was beginning to think I had stuffed up royally.

Your thank you photos remind me of a certain evening in Sydney where 3 fabulous ladies hit the entertainment scene big time! That night also had bus loads of tourists snapping away on their cameras and a few children on the monorail rather peturbed.

Anyway, keep up the good work el presidente!

Jenny said...

I had to look up préposé.

Depressing how many words there are to learn.

john said...

It may be a bit late but at least January only got a quick viewing instead of a whole month. I'm not sticking my belly out anymore.

john said...

And before everyone comments, yes it is bad but it's not that bad.

Jenny said...

I'm glad february didn't get much of a viewing either!

And I thought your belly a very fine example of Australian spirit entirely appropriate for the holiday.

Alternatively, I thought that you had just started drinking as much beer as Matt and that the belly was your new look.

Sarah said...

I think I can speak for the whole SRF when I say that we are very, very proud of that belly. Very.

Flit said...

Jen, you may not have viewed Feb for very long but we most certainly have.
Very good photos by the way, can we make requests - if so then I'll ask for the black beret with the string of onions around you neck while playing petanque.

Jenny said...

I'll see what can be done.

And my apologies for February, Flit.