Monday, February 06, 2006

Return to Vegas



Well I'm officially a Bachelor Nurse! On Thursday night we had our graduation ceremony back in Brissie of course, and I was accompanied by little Bean (my youngest sister) and the handsome Matthew Starr.




I nearly had an infarct and my systolic bp went through the roof when my photos vanished off the digital camera, but thanks to my good friend at camera house they were resurrected today (along with all the photos that have ever been stored on that card and deleted!) It was Bean's first time on a plane and the first time interstate (except of course for the year 7 Canberra excursion). She was extremely excited about the trip and wanted to take photos out the plane window (like I did the first time). It was odd yet fun doing touristy things with Bean after having lived there for 3 years!

The ceremony was as expected but it was awesome to catch up with everyone, and unlike our science graduation ceremonies all of us new nurses were in the same ceremony together. Matt and I went out with a few friends for a lovely dinner in South Bank afterwards and I managed to leave my testamur at the restaurant (but a poor sweaty waiter managed to catch up with us 200m down the road to retun it!).


Only 2 weeks til I finally start (Feb 20th) in the cardiology ward at Royal North Shore, although I have scored the odd RN shift with the agency doing the enema rounds! I can't wait to know a week in advance when I'll be working, and have a regular income, I'll be a new woman!!!

1 comment:

Margs said...

Hurrah for Nurse Bronny!

How excitment to think that you now have the paper to prove you weren't just partying in Brisvegas all those years!

Congrats.