Thursday, January 11, 2007

Lunch dates

Working 9 hours a day, 5 days a week in a room with two other people can become a little confining. It's lovely chatting with Gyllian and Andrew but sometimes it can be a bit claustrophobic having so few personalities around, day after day.

This is one of the reasons I love a lunch date! It’s like a little holiday in the middle of the day.

Today I had a little holiday with Nicolai.

We met near Wynyard station and enjoyed the ambience of the nearby food court before grabbing some coffees in the sun. Being only 29 hours since he dropped me at work the day before, we mostly covered general chit-chat with a brief diversion through wedding talk. Nicky had to cab back to work soon afterwards and I hoofed it back to the office but for 50 minutes, it was a fabulous Saturday lunch in town.

Other lunch date favourites include Crystal whom I first met for lunch on a blind date, Brianna when I can entice her away from the office, Lady back in the days of her flexible working hours, Duncan when he's on school holidays, my Ma when she's in town and the wonderful Noodle. Cameos from the Brons and Nikki Winkley.

Hurrah for the lunch date. Long live the lunch date.

5 comments:

Nick said...

Yay for Lunch with me!

Margs said...

....I now expect lunch dates too! Oh what a privileged world you live in Lady!

Luckily I can score lunch with Hubby a few times a week as he works 3 streets away...every cloud, after all, must have a silver lining!

Margs said...

and BTW...good work on pinching the coveted "most prolific poster of 2007" right from under Nick's nose! he didn't even see it coming!

Sarah said...

I'd liike to know when Jenny is going to stop slacking off and come to meet me for a lunch date?

Nick said...

I was just relieved to see that margaret is still alive