Friday, July 14, 2006

John's Trivia Glory

It's Nava Nut! The third Canadian province with 7 letters in the name. There was derision and disquiet when Flit over-ruled the others to go with John's fanciful sounding answer but BINGO! He hit the nail on the head and catapulted us yet another point ahead of the scabby looking competition.



This is the Nava Nut flag. The colors blue and yellow symbolize the riches of the land, sea and sky. Red (brown?) is a reference to Canada. The Inuksuk (centre) symbolizes stone monuments which guide people on the land, and also marks sacred and other special places. The star is the Niqirtsuituq (North Star), and the traditional guide for navigation. The North Star is also symbolic of the leadership of the elders in the community.

Funny lookin', huh.

WE LOVE JOHN!

4 comments:

Flit said...

It looks awfully like NUNAVUT to me, still - close enough

john said...

Yeah yeah, I saw that too but wasn't going to point it out.

Margs said...

can I say Mr Lobster, that I too supported your provence!! we got the point even though you spelt it atrociously!

Matt said...

Can I say I ignored the conversation altogether. And I'm ignoring this post.