Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Shoesday - By Proxy

Ok, so I have found someone who is possibly more mental about shoes than Sarah and I put together. Her name is Therese and she not only loves shoes, she writes letters to them and modifies popular songs so she can sing them to her new purchases!

I am in AWE! This girl has true dedication and perhaps (I say perhaps, but mean absolutely) has too much time on her hands. If I think about it, she probably belongs in an asylum of some sort, but for now it is enough to just enjoy her work and think ahead to our next shoe purchase and whether we will be as in love with it as she so obviously is!

(Therese recommends you actually sing this song out loud and with exaggerated drama. You know you want to…)

At first I was afraid, I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never find shoes I could wear with pride
But I spent so many minutes thinking how I was so wrong
Didn't take long; you were the third pair I tried on.
And there you were — in that great space!
I just walked in to find you there with that detail! Oh, in that case!
I should have known it was a lock, I should have known you'd be for me
If I had known that beforehand I could not have been more happy

And then when I, walked out the door, just turned around then
I could not have asked for more
Weren't you the one to whom I couldn't say goodbye
Oh did I crumble, did I laugh and did I sigh!
Oh yes, did I, and did survive
As long as I've got you to love I know I'll be alive
All summer you I will wear, and it will be with great flair
and I'll survive, I will survive, hey hey!

It took all the strength I had not to fall apart
Kept trying hard to look away from price; had to be smart.
and I spent oh so many sighs just feeling sorry for myself
I thought I'd cry, now I hold my head up high
Because you see, you are brand new
I hadn't found new shoes in weeks, I fell in love with you
and so you felt like heaven and you for sure belonged on my feet
now I'm saving you for Friday cause that's when we will party!

Go on now go, walk out the door, just turn around now
We have to strut a few times more
Weren't you the one to whom I couldn't say goodbye
Oh did I crumble, did I laugh and did I sigh!
Oh yes did I, and did survive
The happiness of finding you is not contrived
For spring too I will wear, I will be careful — this I swear
and I'll survive, I will survive, hey hey!

You can also read the letter she wrote to her new boots here. I am not as enamoured with the said boots as she, but I admire her dedication to them.

Good thing she seems to have a sense of humour about it all….
(this is just a little dialogue she posted that amused her)
“Michelle - (thoughtfully) I was thinking of taking up a hobby. Like shoes.
Graham - (reasonably) Couldn't you find a cheaper hobby?
Michelle - (looks up)
Graham - Like crack.”

So there…next time you open your mouths to remark on a lady’s shoe love, think of Therese, close your mouth and say a silent prayer of thanksgiving that you don’t know her!

1 comment:

Flit said...

I think this one's beyond therapy, it's baby food and rubber walls for her.