Tuesday, July 18, 2006

My Job

Sometimes it's really worth turning up to work.

Yesterday I was working away at the all important task of uncovering my desk. My Keyboard was in serious danager of being swallowed up by a pile of multicoloured folders any way I degress. There was a knock at the door and in came one of my lovely staff members holding a large plastic bag. She hands over the plastic bag and informs me it is from her mum. Then the smell of freshly cooked food hit me. I look up with a sparkle in my eye and say
"what does this large tray contain?"
"Mum made Lasagne for you"
"a whole tray of it?"
"mum loves you"
"she's only uuuman"

Very excited yummy home cooked lasagne from a lovely mum!

I love my job (sometimes)

3 comments:

Margs said...

How cool is that?!

Perhaps not enough to make you love your job, but enough to love that employee and smile sweetly at her mum next time she's around!

You know, she'd love you even more if you wrote her a little thank you note....lasagne today, tomorrow the entire pantry!

Jenny said...

Yeah, thank you note. Very good form. Very good chance of repeat random food gifts!

Noodle said...

Damn, if only I had staff below me whose mothers I could get to know.

And there is no way that could possiblye have come out wrong at all....