Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Night of Nights

Oscars night has come and gone and I have had my annual dose of glamour and nauseating Hollywood love-in. What a wonderful institution!

I apologise. I am being very predictable here with my well dressed picks of the night. I really tried to look past the stunning and ethereal Cate Blanchett but alas, could not.

She is just too effortlessly beautiful.


And if Cate was the stand-out, then old chook Helen Mirren was the knock-out:

At sixty one years of age she put scores of overly made-up, squeezed, overflowing, unbalanced and generally strained looking young slim Hollywood types to shame.


What a dame.
Honourable mention to George Clooney who behaved like such a gentleman as usual.



10 comments:

Margs said...

I actually sat through most of the ceremony! I never do that! I also taped the last bit to see who won the big awards..... was interested to see the one shoulder look being so in!

I agree wholehartedly on Cate and Helen...both beautiful and stylish without looking forced or fake. Bravo!

Nick said...

Yay for Helen and Kate,

Gwenyth was my award for worst dressed

I battled through to Midnight. They really need to start it earlier

Matt said...

I think Helen looks Like she's wearing an old curtain personally

Sarah said...

If I ever doubted your ignorance about ladies fashion before, Mattess, it's all cleared up for me now.

Matt said...

I'm sorry Sarah, I didn't realise opinions different to yours were classed as ignorance. It's all cleared up for me now.

Nick said...

Fight Fight Fight!

Sarah said...

No no. Not the ones different from my own. Just the wrong ones.

Matt said...

My mistake. Forgive me your Highness.

Sarah said...

Done.

Nick said...

I was really expecting more