Tuesday, February 20, 2007

When a really big boat gets in the way

About a week ago I booked my car in for a precision alignment - it doesn't matter if you don't know what I'm talking about - all you need to know is that I get it done in Woolloomoolloo (I have no idea if I spelled that right?).

Now it turns out that today is the day that someone decides to park an enormous boat only a couple of hundred meters from my destination. Now I don't have anything against the boat - I quite happen to like big boats (I am male), I also don't mind that this boat carries 3000 odd people and that they all require coaches to get them around because apparently they're all unable to use their legs to get them any further than the ships bar - after all I'm sure they're spending gazillions of dollars as I type on little stuffed toy Koalas and wearing 'I love Sydney' t-shirts. What I do object to is the 10,000 odd Sydneysiders who thought it would be a really good idea to try to park within 50 meters of the boat because obviously parking is no problem in that area at any time and hey no one else will have thought of it - as someone said (I really can't be arsed giving any context to this quote) "I believe people in some areas of this country have started mating with vegetables."

Then I got back to work and someone had unplugged my PC.

/rant

5 comments:

Matt said...

I wish I'd unplugged your pc.

Nick said...

Wool - loo - moo - loo, Is how i remember how to spell it.

I saw the really pick boat crossing the bridge on the train this morning. There was quite a buzz on the train when it came into view.

Then My first Cab driver wanted to talk about it all the way from my office to the State Theatre. Then in my 25min Cab ride from Market St to the Quay (yes I should have walked) every man and his dog was heading down

Flit said...

Is that a euphemism Matt?

Margs said...

Ha! Nick giving spelling advice! Love it! (sorry lovely Nick)

Matt said...

Only if yours was