Thursday, June 08, 2006

Thursday Obligation :(

A bit busy today so it going to be a short one....


The nerdy bit: I added (or got Sarah to add) a little stats bar down the bottom on the list. What makes it even nerdier is it is driven by my wonderful PHP skillz. What does that mean? I can make it do anything funky that you like... So if you have any requests, like last five visitors, or any more funky stats let me know. Oh and you'll notice that sometimes it knows the person and where they are, which is a bit of guess work on my part. If you press refresh a few times and it comes up as unknown send me the IP address that comes out after the unknown bit and where you are and I'll add it to the list. Or if you can't be bothered doing that just leave a comment, and I can figure out who's who.


The Joke
The Kiwi & his Testicles

Wiremu, a New Zealander, was in Australia to watch the upcoming Rugby World Cup and was not feeling well, so he decided to see a doctor.

"Hey doc, I dun't feel so good, ey" said Wiremu.

The doctor gave him a thorough examination and informed Wiremu that he had long existing and advanced prostate problems and that the only cure was testicular removal.

"No way doc" replied Wiremu "I'm gitting a sicond opinion ey!"

The second Aussie doctor gave Wiremu the same diagnosis And also advised him that testicular removal was the only cure. Not surprisingly, Wiremu refused the treatment.

Wiremu was devastated, but with the Rugby World Cup just around the corner he found an expat Kiwi doctor and decided to get one last opinion from someone he could trust.

The Kiwi doctor examined him and said: "Wiremu Cuzzy Bro, You huv prostate suckness ey"

"What's the cure thin doc ?" asked Wiremu hoping for a different answer.

"Wull, Wiremu", said the Kiwi doctor "Wi're gonna huv to Cut off your balls."

"Phew, thunk god for thut!" said Wiremu, "those Aussie bastards wanted to take my test tickets off me!"

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Cool nerdy stuff! I'm impressed! It knows who I am, out of all the many millions of french visitors... Actually can you tell from the IP address where the person is? Is it like a phone number with an international bit that you can look up?

Margs said...

That's way cool!! It knew me too!

john said...

The Nerdiness continues.....
Your IP Address has several bits of information in it, with the country and most organisations, etc, built into it. For some people it is the same each time (static Ip's) and for others it changes. Jen, yours is static, 134.157.22.109, and anything with 134.157 is your universities, so I just assume you ;), but others it changes like anything starting with 58.107.82 is the Longueville Optus Dialup (Noodle? Matt? Flit? Margs?) and the last number changes.

So normally you can work out the country and organisation from it and the rest is guess work. Like these organisations are view our blog regularly and I'm still trying to work out who they are....
VOS Group Macquarie Corp. Telecommunications - No Idea????
Seven Hills Optus - Bron is that you?
West Pymble TPG Internet Pty Ltd - Sarah at home? Or Peter?
Sydney Uni - Richie? Suzie? Evil(bad,dirty,naughty) Nick?
Redmedia Solutions Pty Ltd - No Idea?
Mortlake iiNet - Good Nick??
Telstra - Richie?


Mmmm. So nerdy.

Matt said...

Macquarie corp is probably me at work? I know we use them as our ISP.

Sarah said...

Do we have anonymous audiences maybe? I only look at work and you know that one.